Newfoundland is one of the worlds most beautiful,
unspoiled vacation destinations. We have many scenic areas, a number of
World Heritage Sites and of course our famous Newfoundland hospitality
Local Tourist Attractions Include:
In Deer Lake
- Humber River Golf Course
- 9 Hole course laid out on the banks of the Humber River and
Glide Brook. Includes driving range, clubhouse and pro shop
- Adjacent to the Deer Lake Airport, 2 Km east of Deer Lake
- Newfoundland Insectarium
- This attraction is one of only two Insectariums in Canada. There
are live and preserved exhibits, a butterfly house and a gift
shop. A must see attractions.
- Roy Whelan Heritage Center
- Relive the history of Deer Lake and the Humber Valley view the
exhibits, artifacts and antiques on display that depict the daily
lives of the town's first settlers.
- Deer Lake RV Park
- Relax or sunbathe on the beach or take a refreshing swim.
- Humber Valley Strawberry Festival
- For ten days around the end of July the Humber Valley celebrates
the Strawberry. Activities include cutting of the longest
strawberry shortcake, games and concession booths, strawberry
eating contests, horseback riding, fireworks and other activities.
- Humber Valley Fall Fair and Handicraft Exhibition
- Held in the third week of September this event features a varied
display of vegetables, crafts and preserves, numerous concession
booths including food, games, crafts, baked goods, preserves and
vegetables, industry, promotional and informational booths.
- Gift Shops
- Humber Valley Crafts
- Fishing and Hunting
- The Humber River is one of the best salmon rivers in
Newfoundland and surrounding lakes, ponds and rivers offer trout
and land-locked salmon The area also offers big game such as
moose, caribou and bear as well as small game such as rabbit and
North of Deer Lake Route 430
- Gros Morne National Park
- Spectacular scenery, hiking trails, Interpretation Center and
- 20 Km north of Deer Lake
- A-GEM Golf Course
- 9 hole, par 3 course
- 10 Km, take Route 430 north and then Route 422
- Sir Richard Squires Memorial Park
- Home of Big Falls, a salmon fishing paradise or just watch the
salmon jump the falls
- Take Route 430 North and then Route 422
- Wiltondale Pioneer Village
- Takes you back to a typical Newfoundland lifestyle of the
1920's. It consists of a House, School, Barn, General Store and a
- 30 Km
West of Deer Lake (Route 1 - West)
- Blomidon Golf Course, Corner Brook
- 18 Hole course designed by Alfred Tull
- 48 Km on Route
- Marble Mountain Ski Resort
- Offers downhill
skiing, snowboarding, and more.
- 40 Km
- Pasadena Beach
- Located on the sandy shores of Deer Lake it is a great place to
sunbathe or swim.
- 15 Km
- Just 3 Hours from the Marine Atlantic Ferry at Port aux Basques.
East of Deer Lake (Route 1 - East)
- Scenic White Bay
- One of the best places to catch a glimpse of whales or icebergs
and enjoy the culture and scenery. Visit the communities of
Hampden, Pollard's point, Sop's Arm or Jackson's Arm.
- 28 Km
Links to Visitor Information